Deceased Estates and House Clearances
For many people, the task of dealing with the clearance of personal effects and property in a deceased estate is a daunting one.
The Abbeys team can provide a full service including:
- Compiling a complete inventory
- Valuation for insurance or auction value
- Interim management of an estate property including arranging access for tradepeople and beneficiaries
- Storage of goods pending probate or dispute resolution
- Packing and transport of goods for auction
- Packing and delivery of items to beneficiaries or family members (whether they are local, interstate or overseas)
- Donation of unsaleable but usable goods and clothing to charity
- Removal of rubbish and recyclables, and cleaning of the premises
- Sale of goods by public auction with prompt settlement of proceeds
Abbeys Auctions has been the endorsed estate service provider to The State Trustees in Victoria for more than thirty years.
We take pride in ensuring that your estate is managed professionally and with full transparency.
Our staff are trained and experienced in dealing with whole house clearances and we have strict security procedures. An itemized inventory is provided showing what happened to every item in the house, together with prompt payment of proceeds for items sold at auction. In most cases any costs are deducted from the auction proceeds, minimizing the need for upfront payments.
Please phone our office to discuss your specific estate clearance needs.