Buying or Selling a Car with Abbeys Auctions
Abbeys Auctions is a licensed motorcar trader LMCT 11384. We regularly offer vehicles for sale by public auction on behalf of private vendors and deceased estates. If you have any queries or would like to organise an appointment please phone Tom on 0488 02 01 01
2011 Volkswagen Polo 77TSI – For auction Friday April 20th
Buying a Car at Auction
Buying a car at Auction a great way of finding a used car at a very good price.
Bidding is very simple.
- Register: Complete a registration card and provide photo ID
- View: Inspect the car carefully, make your own enquiries about the vehicle condition and refer to our Terms & Conditions
- Bid: Come to the sale, bid online, leave an absentee bid with our office or arrange to book a phone bid
- Collect: Cars can be collected on Auction Day or throughout the following week
- Charges: A Buyers Premium applies to all purchases and is added to the bid price. The sale is conducted on a GST inclusive basis. The Buyers Premium is $550 per vehicle. Please check the Auction catalogue for applicable charges information)
Selling a Car at Auction
Our vehicle auctions expose you to thousands of potential buyers both locally and online through our live bidding service, allowing us to sell the car in its current condition, quickly and with minimal fuss.
What do I need to sell my car?
- Driving licence or photo ID
- Car registration certificate
- Any maintenance information
- Service books
- Spare keys (preferred)
- Charges A Vendors Commission will be charged based on the hammer price. Commission of $550 (inc GST) will be applied to motor vehicles sold with a hammer price of $4999 and below. Commission of 11% (inc GST) will be applied to motor vehicles with a hammer price of $5000 and above. Additional costs may be incurred in order to best present your vehicle for sale including mechanical checks, cleaning, towing, repairs and preparation of vehicles for sale so please discuss a selling plan with us.
Buying a used car from a licensed trader.
- Vehicles shown on this website are NOT covered by a Statutory Warranty under section 54 of the Motor Car Traders Act 1986. The trader has no duty under the Motor Car Traders Act 1986 to repair or make good any defects after delivery. The trader may have obligations under other legislation.
- Vehicles NOT covered by the Statutory Warranty under section 54 of the Motor Car Traders Act 1986:
- used cars which are MORE THAN 10 years old OR which have been driven
- 160 000 km OR MORE;
- commercial vehicles;
- cars bought at public auction.
AHJO Pty Ltd trading as Abbeys Auctions. LMCT 11384