Selling at Abbeys Auctions is easy!
Here are a few simple tips...
- Items for Auction must be clean and in good condition.
- Bring your items in to our showroom or email your photos to obtain a free auction valuation. Be sure to include a contact phone number with your email and we will email or call you to discuss your items prior to selling.
- On site visits and written valuations for insurance or legal purposes will be provided for a fee. Please call 9898 2118 to make a booking.
- Phone our office to arrange for our professional carriers to collect your items to be included in a forth coming auction.
We receive goods at our Box Hill auction rooms on Mondays & Tuesdays 9am to 5pm and at other times by arrangement
- A Commission of 20% and a Lot Fee of $9 per lot (applied to unsold/sold lots) will be deducted from the bid price, together with any applicable cartage or other costs.
- Payment will be made on the second Wednesday after sale.
- Collect your payment in person or ask for a cheque to be mailed to you ($5 postage & handling) Lost or replacement cheques incur a $15.00 cancellation fee.
- EFT payments are charged at $5.00 per transaction (overseas transactions may incur a fee from the receiving back)
- Postage of goods is charged as a handling fee at a minimum of $15.00 or greater depending on complexity plus all costs of postage and insurance
- We can provide transport to and from your location. Transport costs are usually deducted from auction proceeds therefore there is no upfront fee in most cases.
- Call our office for an estimated costs and to arrange a collection time.
Our aim is to achieve the best price possible for your items and we believe that a public auction is a good way to be sure of the true market value. We also need to manage a lot of items every week, therefore we will not accept reserves for items under $200.
If you do want a reserve on your goods then we have a three simple rules.
- Please discuss your reserve with our auctioneers to be sure that it is a realistic market price.
- Please be sure to arrange your reserve price at the time of booking in your goods for sale.
- Changes to reserves will not be accepted after the item has been published in a catalogue.
Reserved items will be offered for a maximum of three weeks. Reserves will be reduced by 20% in week 2 & by 40% in wk 3. If the Reserved items remain unsold after three auctions, then commission will be charged on the initial reserve amount and you will be asked to remove the goods at your cost.
If you'd like to discuss any aspect of selling your goods at auction please feel free to call us on 03 9898 2118