Selling at Abbeys Auctions is easy!
Have to collected a pile of nice things and not sure what to do with them?
Selling at auction is an easy way to generate some extra cash and to ensure that your things go on to be used and loved in another home.
Here are a few simple tips...
- Most good quality household things are suitable for auction, especially small decorative objects, ornaments and collectables.
- Items for Auction must be clean and in good condition and working order.
- Send us your photos to obtain a free auction appraisal. Text to our mobile, use the Appraisal link or LiveChat on this page or Email.
- Auction appraisals are free and in some cases we'll be pleased to visit to assess your goods. Written valuations for insurance or legal purposes will be provided for a fee. Please call 9898 2118 to make a booking.
- Phone our office to arrange for our professional carriers to collect your items to be included in a forth coming auction.
MANAGING GOODS FOR SALE DURING COVID-19 STAGE 4 restrictionsWe are receiving goods for auction, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We're ensuring this process is contactless for safety. In most cases we won't be able to visit your home but we can coordinate an appraisal from photos and we can also arrange transportation of your items to our rooms.
- Send us pictures of your items by email or text or use the appraisal link or live chat on this page.
- We'll call you to discuss which items are suitable, advise of likely auction value and confirm your collection arrangements.
- This process will be contactless - this means that boxed goods will not be inspected or itemised at the time of collection - we will sort your items and prepare a more detailed inventory prior to sale.
Here's how it works:
If you have any questions or would like a progress update on your goods for sale, please call us and quote your Vendor Reference number.
- A Commission of 20% and a Lot Fee of $9 per lot (applied to unsold/sold lots) will be deducted from the bid price, together with any applicable cartage or other costs.
- Payment will be made on the second Wednesday after sale.
- Collect your payment in person or ask for a cheque to be mailed to you ($5 postage & handling) Lost or replacement cheques incur a $15.00 cancellation fee.
- EFT payments are charged at $5.00 per transaction (overseas transactions may incur a fee from the receiving back)
- Competitive fixed price local delivery rates are available during COVID-19 Stage 4 restrictions
- We can provide transport to and from your location. Transport costs are usually deducted from auction proceeds therefore there is no upfront fee in most cases.
- Call our office for an estimated costs and to arrange a collection time.
Our aim is to achieve the best price possible for your items and we believe that a public auction is a good way to be sure of the true market value. We also need to manage a lot of items every week, therefore we will not accept reserves for items under $200.
If you do want a reserve on your goods then we have a three simple rules.
- Please discuss your reserve with our auctioneers to be sure that it is a realistic market price.
- Please be sure to arrange your reserve price at the time of booking in your goods for sale.
- Changes to reserves will not be accepted after the item has been published in a catalogue.
Reserved items will be offered for a maximum of three weeks. Reserves will be reduced by 20% in week 2 & by 40% in wk 3. If the Reserved items remain unsold after three auctions, then commission will be charged on the initial reserve amount and you will be asked to remove the goods at your cost.
If you'd like to discuss any aspect of selling your goods at auction please feel free to call us on 03 9898 2118